Jimbag…I mean, Jim’s Bag (Updated)

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Everytime Jim puts on his shoulder bag to leave The Office, I’ll get two or three emails from people asking if I know what kind of bag it is. I’ve never been good with that kind of thing. But, just to please the readers I did some searching and checking around and I think it’s been found. I’m pretty sure it is the waxed canvas messenger bag from J. Crew. ( direct link to the bag)

Here is Jim putting on his bag.

Image

And here is the bad from J.Crew

Image

It doesn’t looke like they have the color that Jim uses, but they do have two other shades of brown.

Update: I went back to one of the episodes with Jim in the Scranton branch and it’s a different bag. It looks like it has some vinyl on this one. Maybe he upgraded to the leather one when he was promoted to assistant manager at Stamford.

Here’s the bag he used at Scranton.

Image

12 Comments

1. ali says:

well, maybe not the same one. but close enough.

2. Trisha says:

Wow, your dedication is incredible. Hey, I was wondering if you take topic suggestions. I have so many things to talk about that I have noticed since watching DVDs of season one and two, and all the deleted scenes and stuff. Let me know. ;)

3. Dave O. says:

Actually, I always thought it was Eddie Bauer. Just in my time seeing it, I had it pegged as EB. I have a blue one.

4. christy says:

Wouldn’t the props guy know what it is? Maybe someone can post a message on his myspace blog to ask.

5. Brian Stucki says:

I am 99.9% sure this is the right bag. We ought to ask Jenna or Angela to just peek at the label for us next time they re on set.

Trisha, send in a message anytime on topic suggestions. I’ll soon be having my sister join me to write on LITO. I feel like I can stay on top of the news, but she’ll be good at breaking down scenes and such.

6. alex says:

wait … he’s assistant manager at stamford? how the heck did this fact get by me???

7. crewcut says:

it makes sense that it is a j. crew bag. in season 2 at least he had a classic j crew barn jacket on several times – i particularly remember it at the end of “the dundies”. but it was a style that is a bit old…
    it would make sense he’d get a newer, spiffier, leather bag when he moved up the dunder mifflin ladder and pay scale, most likely.
    and the job he now has is “sales manager” – or that is what dwight said it was. it is first brought up in “conflict resolution”. dwight says something like “look jim, there’s a sale manager position open in stamford”….

8. Kristy says:

I didn’t really catch that he was assistant manager either… they didn’t really make it obvious… atleast not to me. I guess I just thought that they are a better office with more sales. good to know.

9. eve says:

If you look at towards the end of Diwali, when Pam is texting Jim, They shoot a close up if him asleep on his desk, and his name plate says “Jim Halpert Asst. Regional Manager”

10. Matt says:

i found a super good look-a-like of jims bag in the second picture. http://www.luggageonline.com/product.cfm?product_ID=3552
    the only difference i see is that jims bag doesnt have those 5 dots on the bottom

your welcome

11. Sam says:

Thank you!

12. Eli says:

Hey guys I have the exact bag in the olive color, if anyone is interested! I don’t use it and would love to sell. It’s from J Crew like the original post says.